This five-day, hands-on technical seminar covers topics that administrators of FreeBSD-based systems need to know to keep them running.
Intended for folk familar with using any FreeBSD, Linux or other UNIX-like operating system; folk already knowledgable about using the shell, commands such as grep(1), sed(1), awk(1) and perl(1) and either the vi(1) or emacs(1) text editor.
Topics to be covered include:
- FreeBSD overview and history
- The FreeBSD boot process
- What's where in the FreeBSD filesystem
- Configuring, starting and stopping services
- FreeBSD networking and network security
- UFS filesystem and partitioning
- Geom, gmirror and graid3
- The Ports Collection
- Performing backups
- Installing a new FreeBSD system
- Building a custom FreeBSD kernel
- Updating FreeBSD
Contact us for pricing and availability of this class.